Whether you’re at home or on the go, it can be hard to beat the heat. Here are some of our hot tips for staying cool this summer!
- Run errands before the sun rises or after it sets, if possible
- Heat rises – stay on lower levels
- Open windows and turn fans on to keep cooling costs down at night
- Put up heat blocking curtains
- Try cooking outdoors
On the go:
- STAY HYDRATED! Invest in an insulated water bottle that keeps water cold throughout the day
- Wear loose, light fabrics and avoid dark colors as they absorb heat
- Don’t forget sunscreen, sunglasses and hats
- Do not leave children or pets unattended in vehicles
Recognize the signs of dehydration and heat stroke in yourself and others.